When two names of this calibre get together, it's not surprising that people sit up and listen. And guess what? That's exactly what's happened and I for one am very much in the sitting and listening position.
Four Tet and Caribou's Dan Snaith have released a split single on Kieran Hebden's own Text Records label, with each party contributing a track of gargantuan quality. You can listen to both tracks now, for free, from the respective artists' SoundCloud pages. I've taken the liberty of embedding these below. Four Tet's track 'Pinnacles' is an energetic four-on-the-floor 8 minute track that was originally played on Giles Peterson's show on Radio 1 a few weeks ago. It sounds incredibly like Four Tet, if that makes sense. I think I possibly favour the flip side. Caribou's contribution is just phenomenal and sees the re-birth of Snaith's solo work under the new alias of Daphni; an exciting development in itself.
Have a listen and grab a copy of the 12" if you get a chance. (via Box Musique)
Pinnacles by Four Tet
Daphni - Ye Ye by Caribouband

No comments:
Post a Comment