I stumbled upon Tempa a couple of weeks ago; a nice little find because as far as I can tell, he's not a particularly widely listened to artist. Most of the time when I hear something new it turns out every man and his dog has been spinning it for years. However, I'm reassured by the cover of Tempa's 2008 EP Time To Run stating it is a "very limited" press.
Time To Run is a lovely 24 minute sojourn through the world of contemporary instrumental hip-hop. Whilst I might be mistaken, it sounds like Tempa almost unilaterally uses samples rather than any live instrumentation but what he may lack in musicianship he more than makes up for in production. Some of the tracks strike me as being reminiscent of Flying Lotus whereas at other times I'm distinctly reminded more of Mr. Scruff or Aim.
For all UK folk, here's a link to listen to the EP on Spotify:
Tempa – Time To Run

No comments:
Post a Comment