TKOL RMX 1234567

Posted by Unknown at 21:35 on Wednesday, 30 November 2011

Share

I know that The King Of Limbs remix album has been out for some time now, but I only really got round to listening to it in the past couple of weeks. If you too have had a brief lapse in concentration and have not yet listened to TKOL RMX 1234567, then I highly suggest that you rectify this immediately.

Of course I'm a big Radiohead fan. Of course you are too. But this remix album is something else. If anything, a lot of the remixes are such a departure from their originals that only titbits of various instrument stems reveal themselves. We're used to hearing Radiohead cut up and rejigged, but every single track on this album is an immaculate re-imagining of one of the best albums of the year, from the greatest band ever. The roster of artists is of course staggering, including all of the usual suspects (Caribou, Four Tet, Jamie XX) along with some names that you may not have heard of yet, but will soon be investigating further.

The highlight for me has to be Four Tet's version of the track Seperator, which starts with an ethereal harmony before breaking in to a submotion beat akin to Massive Attack.

Listen to TKOL RMX 1234567 on Spotify now.

No comments:

Post a Comment