I love it when an old abandoned favourite comes to the fore. The other day I had a sudden urge to listen to Birds at Home, the 2003 album from Dutch band Alamo Race Track. Considering today is the Holland House Dutch Festival; I figured it was appropriate to share.
At its core it's an indie rock album. But don't get lost in ideas of jangly guitars and moppy hair cuts. Alamo Race Track play highly organised yet frenetic songs that meander through a host of movements. They most certainly are not your average verse-chorus-verse indie band. At times they remind me of Wilco, whilst tracks like 'We Like To Go On' sound like they could have appeared on The Stroke's 2001 classic Is This It.
Anywho, little point digressing. Give it a listen and have yourself a Grolsch.
Alamo Race Track – Birds At Home

No comments:
Post a Comment