Gold Panda

Posted by Unknown at 19:13 on Saturday, 26 February 2011

Share

For the first Skies Are Rare tip-off since our re-launch, I thought I'd front Gold Panda. Well, I say 'tip-off' but this guy's been round the block a bit. I'm ashamed to say he's only recently crept in to my radar. His debut long play Lucky Shiner was released last year on Notown; although it sounds like something straight out of Warp. The opening number 'You' (video below) is an obvious stand-out and gives you a good idea what's next on the menu.

Sounds like: recycled hip-hop samples without the clichéd faux vinyl sizzle, mixed with glitchy IDM.
For fans of: Pantha Due Prince, Nathan Fake, Clark, James Blake et al., hip new bands with animals in their name, artists who wear silly hats.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOLD PANDA - LUCKY SHINER
http://www.mediafire.com/?bbfgjrj6vbwgawt

Post a Comment